You’ve given her hugs. You’ve given her Mother’s Day cards made from construction paper and signed in crayon. You sent her flowers and chocolates and took her out to brunch. With Mother’s Day weekend on the horizon, maybe you’re looking for clever ways to celebrate Mother’s Day from home. You can look at this as an opportunity to do something completely different to show Mom how much you care.
Whether you’re an adult looking for a unique way of celebrating the many, many years of love and attention that was given to you by your mother or a husband wanting to create a special day for your children and their mom, we’ve rounded up the top Mother’s Day ideas to celebrate the special women in your life. From at-home activities to creative ways to use cardboard cutouts, we’re here to help you make this Mother’s Day a memorable one.
Why We Should Celebrate Mother’s Day at Home
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you may not be able to celebrate Mother’s Day like you have in years past. With social distancing requirements and travel restrictions in place, it’s definitely an adjustment from going out for brunch or even to your loved one’s house. That being said, you can still get creative and make Mother’s Day special for the beloved moms in your life.
You may also be wanting to celebrate Mother’s Day from home if your mom is sick. She may not be able to leave the house if she’s feeling under the weather. In this case, celebrating from home might be the better option.
Finally, the special mom in your life may simply want to celebrate Mother’s Day from home! What better place to celebrate family than all together under one roof? Plus, celebrating Mother’s Day at home takes away the pressure of having to make reservations or rush around all over town. Considering how hard moms work every single day, they deserve some much needed rest and relaxation!
Good Ideas for Fun Mother’s Day Activities
So, how can we celebrate Mother’s Day at home? Here are some creative ways to celebrate Mother’s Day and make it a memorable occasion for you and your loved ones.
Who doesn’t love a good Mother’s Day brunch? Instead of making reservations at a fancy restaurant, opt to cook an elegant meal at home. Make it extra special by whipping out your fine china and adorning the table with fresh flowers to create an aesthetic tablescape. You can even set up your own Bloody Mary, mimosa, or coffee bar if you want to get really fancy — simply set up a side table with all the fixings so that Mom can craft her beverage to her liking.
Home Spa Day
Moms everywhere work so hard, so they absolutely deserve some pampering! While a day at the spa is lovely, you can give Mom a similar experience from the comfort of her own home. Set the mood by playing soothing music and lighting candles all around the bathtub, then set up an area where Mom can access all her favorite spa essentials. You can assemble a basket with things like face masks, body scrubs, bath salts, and scented lotions. To win extra points with Mom, upgrade her bathrobe and slippers to something more luxurious. With a little creativity and effort, you can transform the bathroom into a peaceful, zen retreat!
There’s nothing like a solid craft session to bring the family closer together. Whether you’re all seasoned artists or complete newbies, creating something beautiful together makes for a memorable experience. From watercolor painting to cross-stitching to jewelry making, there are endless options to try (and plenty of easy-to-use kits to order online). When all is said and done, you’ll all have a keepsake from the day to treasure.
Group Video Chat
For those family members who can’t all be together during Mother’s Day, organizing a group video chat on Zoom or Google Hangouts is a great option. For even more family fun, have everyone download the Houseparty app, where you can all play games as if you were all together in person.
Of course, you can’t go wrong with giving Mom a gift on Mother’s Day. Even something as simple as a flower arrangement or a heartfelt card can make Mom’s day. If you want to gift her a special treat, you can opt for a fruit basket, chocolate covered strawberries, or a gourmet cheese platter — all of which can be found online through various delivery services.
“In Person” Celebration with Cardboard Cutouts
Whether it’s due to COVID-19, military service, or some other circumstance, maybe you can’t get together in person with Mom to celebrate Mother’s Day. You can still make it feel like you or your loved ones are right there with Mom by creating a life-size cardboard cutout of yourself, your kids, or your family!
Creative Ways to Use Cardboard Cutouts on Mother’s Day
Life size standees can be used to make Mom happy and this Mother’s Day unique in so many different ways:
- You could greet your mom on Mother’s Day with a series of cutouts picturing her at various times of her life. You may want to say thank you with a cutout of your mother when she was pregnant with you or of her on her wedding day. She’ll have so much fun taking a stroll down “memory lane” with these cardboard cutouts!
- Give your mom standees of the children or grandchildren who can’t be there in person. Family members who have been an important part of your mother’s life may be unable to visit on the special day. Perhaps they live too far away or are serving their country in the military. A Mother’s Day cardboard cutout will bring a smile to Mom’s face, knowing everyone is remembering her, whether they can be present or not.
- With life-size standees, children, grandkids, relatives, and friends from around the country or across the globe can all be there for the Mother’s Day celebration. With our thought and speech bubbles, every standee can deliver its own personal message to Mom.
- Our life-size cutouts are not just limited to replications of people. Pets, cartoon characters, anime, silhouettes — even cars or trees can be turned into funny cardboard cutouts! Every mother has special objects she’s owned throughout her life or events that have a particular significance. Perhaps there was a flowerbed your parents planted together years ago, or your mom has always loved the first family car, a lamp, or a favorite pet. All of these things can be transformed into a memorable cardboard cutout for Mom.
- You can send us a group photo of your entire family. There is no limit to the number of people that we can put on a cutout! Just fit everyone in 47″ for a single panel. If your family extends beyond that we always can work with you on multi-panel standees. Though our maximum size for a single panel standee is 47 inches by 95 inches, multiple panels can be used to produce extra large cutouts, allowing us to make virtually any life-size cutout. So, you can even give her that pet elephant she’s always wanted!
Crafting the Perfect Cardboard Cutout for Mom
If you’re having trouble finding the perfect photo for your life-size standee, we may be able to help.
If the photo for your life-size cutout is cut off at the feet, knees, or legs, we can add the missing body parts to create a full size and full-bodied cutout.
Does the person featured in the photo have his or her arm behind another person? If so, we can add the arm back into the image.
Annoying shadows or flash spots can be removed.
If the person in the photo is depicted holding, for instance, a washcloth, we can remove it and replace that part of the picture with a coffee cup, margarita glass, or other objects.
Our skilled photo editors have an amazing number of tricks up their sleeves to fix your photos and produce the perfect life-size cutout. They can even do head swaps between images to produce a final cardboard cutout standee that will impress Mom and everyone else at your gathering.
When placing an order, just make a note of how you would like your image edited and our trained professionals will do the rest.
Make Mother’s Day At Home Unforgettable
Celebrating Mother’s Day at home can still be a memorable experience for the whole family. Treat the moms in your life to a special day of pampering and family time. Even if you all can’t be together in person, there are still plenty of ways to bring the family close together during this time.
Ready to make Mother’s Day special? This year just might be the year to surprise Mom with that Mother’s Day cardboard cutout. Order your Cardboard Cutout today to get it by Mother’s Day!