You spend hours upon hours in your home office, but do you actually feel welcome there? This space should make you feel comfortable while also remaining professional enough to impress your colleagues.
Finding the right home office look can be challenging enough as is, but depending on your environment, additional issues may limit your parameters. For example, if you live in an apartment, you may be barred from nailing picture frames into the wall.
Thankfully, it’s possible to bring a professional look to your home office without breaking the rules or damaging permanent structures. Office wall decals can make all the difference.
What are wall decals, exactly? Constructed from vinyl, these stickers can be applied and removed with minimal effort. They are available in a wide array of shapes, sizes, and designs. Their convenience and versatility make them a wonderful option for elevating your office’s appearance.
What Makes A Good Home Office Background?
While a variety of different designs can promote a professional office environment, ideal backgrounds tend to hold a few key features in common.
- First and foremost: minimal clutter. Strewn-about papers and other items are just as distracting for video conferencing as they are in a real-world office setting. At minimum, clutter should be moved out of the video’s frame.
- Excellent lighting is also crucial. The wrong fixtures or sources may prompt excessive shadows or cause you to look washed out.
- Colors can also influence lighting and general background quality. Hence, the need for background designs that work well with the other details in your office.
How Important Are Wall Decals In Decorating Office Walls?
Your office’s backdrop sets the tone for every virtual interaction. From digital interviews to video conferencing, this space can help you make a strong impression — or it can demonstrate your lack of professionalism. Reasons abound for implementing this convenient approach to office decor:
- Beneficial for employees. Your environment plays a huge role in your work performance. It can be difficult to put your best foot forward when your surroundings feel uninspired. Conversely, the wrong design can hamper your productivity. An ideal office will add a hint of artistry without prompting unwanted distractions.
- Simple and convenient to use. On the hunt for a low-cost, low-effort solution for improving the appearance of your desk area? In a matter of minutes, a simple wall decal could transform your office’s aesthetic. They are just as easy to remove, should you decide to swap out decals or move your workspace. There’s no need to worry about damaging your walls, as decals allow you to bypass common decor issues such as nail holes or wallpaper glue.
- Less commitment. If you struggle to settle on a specific design, office wall decals enable you to experiment without making a major commitment. The moment you choose to relocate or switch up your office’s look, you can do so without worrying about causing damage or wasting your money.
How to Choose the Best Background for Video Calls
Wall decals may seem like a no-brainer for your office background, but choosing to take advantage of them represents only the first step. From there, you’ll need to determine which design is best suited to your professional purposes. The selection process should not be haphazard, as your decals will ultimately reflect on your personality and competence.
As you examine your options, keep your digital audience in mind. Who will you interact with in future video chats? How might these coworkers, customers, or clients respond to specific designs? Is your preferred aesthetic appropriate based on your audience’s culture or philosophy?
When in doubt, simple backgrounds are best. Ideally, your office will feature one focal point rather than a variety of competing images. Yes, choosing an overarching theme can be challenging when so many wonderful options are available, but there’s no need to limit yourself — you can always swap out one uniform look for another when you’re ready for change.
Office Wall Decal Ideas for Desk Space Backgrounds
Every office can benefit from a focal point, which defines the space while reflecting on your personality or professional aspirations. When applied to the background for your desk area, wall decals provide a much-needed source of visual interest.
In addition to leveling up the display for video conferencing, these decals make your office feel more inviting for the person who matters most: yourself. Your environment impacts your work and your mood. Why spend hours in a cluttered or mundane area? The right decals can help you feel inspired when you need a pick-me-up.
The best office wall stickers appeal to your unique sense of style while also showing video conference participants what, exactly, sets you apart. Customized options provide you with a virtually limitless array of designs. Looks worth considering include:
- Large-scale plants or flowers
- Water features
- Geographical maps
Whole Wall Decals for A Wallpaper Look
If you like the look of wallpaper but aren’t ready to make a significant investment in your home office, wall decals provide a flexible alternative. Like wallpaper, this approach provides a uniform look capable of covering large spaces. Custom options are ideal in that they can be precisely cut to a specified height. This ensures that they provide full coverage, much like conventional wallpaper.
Depending on personal preferences, decals that span an entire wall may come in separate pieces or as a single entity. Multi-piece designs are ideal for geometric looks, as they provide the repetition needed to form a distinctive pattern.
While many people favor floral or geometric designs that mimic wallpaper or backsplash, others prefer dramatic looks that capture the wow factor of architecture. Favorites include brick, stone, and shiplap. Large-scale decals can also bring the best of the outdoors inside by highlighting the beauty of the forest.
Festive Wall Decals
In these trying times, small details can add a lot of cheer to stressful days. Decor, in particular, makes a difference. Wall decals offer a short-term solution for bringing a celebratory feel to your office.
As soon as a particular season or holiday is over, a new set of wall decals can be applied as you begin your countdown for the next big occasion. Try one or more of the following ideas to bring a new source of excitement to an otherwise drab space:
- Make your office pop with fireworks decals on the 4th of July.
- Create spooky vibes with Halloween decals featuring bats, haunted houses, or the moon.
- Whether your kids end up studying on a virtual basis or attending class in person, you can mark this important occasion with decals depicting school supplies. This is also a great option for teachers and other education professionals.
- Highlight the best of each season with themed decals. Examples include flowers for spring, beachy images for summer, colorful foliage for autumn, and snowflakes for winter.
Your home office may be a far cry from your typical work environment, but there’s no reason for it to look bland or unprofessional. With a few carefully placed decals, you can instantly inject personality into this important space. The Cardboard Cutout Standees team is happy to help by providing a wide selection of wall decals for offices. Call us at 1 (844) 740-8103 or contact us online to learn more about our custom backgrounds for video conferencing.